Please check our calendar for available dates.
Always check before coming, as sometimes the fields get picked over for the day and need time to replenish.
Here at Jollisant Farm, we love, love, love strawberries! Better than candy is organically grown, pesticide-free red strawberries. Our strawberry picking is fun for both adults and kids. Every season we have folks compliment us on the quality of our strawberries and the beauty of our farm. And, some folks have now made our farm an annual tradition to come and pick strawberries.
Here are some things to remember about strawberry picking:
- We usually have strawberries available from February thru June but because of our beautiful Texas weather we have strawberries off and on year round.
- You may want to wear a hat to cover the back of your neck as the Texas sun can be intense during those months.
- Be sure to apply sunscreen before arriving.
- Only select firm, fully red strawberries.
- Pick only fully ripen strawberries as they don’t continue to ripen once picked.
- Strawberries can be frozen. Just wash and cut the tops off and store in a freezer bag with as much air removed as possible.
- No alcohol, no pets, no smoking and no foul language allowed on the farm.
Fun facts about strawberries:
- There are only 49 calories in one cup of strawberries.
- It only takes around 15 minutes to pick one quart of strawberries.
- In the early 1900s, strawberry popularity began starting in California. Europe starting growing strawberries in the 1300s.
- Each strawberry averages about 200 tiny seeds.
- Strawberry picking is one of the most popular fruits folks like to pick.
- You can learn more fun and interesting facts about strawberries here.
With all that, on behalf of all of us here at Jollisant Farm… come on out! We would love to meet you.